It has been recently reported that some users are having issues loading the new RapidSketch 3.0 form in LC360
Previously, RapidSketch in LC360 would only work in IE11 or Edge in "IE Mode". The new RapidSketch 3.0 form and update removes the requirement for a specific browser, and will instead launch the desktop application of Rapidsketch. However, some users may experience an issue with launching the application
Installing Rapidsketch and launching the application:
- Upon clicking on the form for the first time, the user will be prompted to "Choose a Default Program" with which to open the form.
- You must choose the RapidSketch application that is locally installed on your system.
- If you do not have this installed already, click the "Download RapidSketch" link provided on the RapidSketch 3.0 Form page.
- Screenshot here:
- If the application did not open automatically, but you do have the application installed, click "Launch RapidSketch".
If you are unable to load Rapidsketch by simply clicking on the form or the "Launch Application" link, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
Confirm that you have the latest version of RapidSketch installed locally on your system
Completely uninstall or reset the browser the user is currently using, and reinstall after restarting the computer.
Press the "Start" key on your keyboard and enter "RapidSketch"
Right-click and choose "Open File Location"
- Copy the file location as shown below:
- Navigate back to the RapidSketch 3.0 form in the inspection
- When prompted to choose a default application with which to open the form, paste in the file location and choose the RapidSketch Application
- RapidSketch should open as intended
Below are troubleshooting steps to be taken at a high level intended for IT personnel only:
If the steps above did not work, here is something that you can work with your IT staff to further troubleshoot the issue. The steps below require Admin access to your system settings.
- Take note of the model that is presented when you first launch the Form. It should look like this:
- If it says anything other than "This site is trying to open RapidSketch", it is not reading the executable properly and will not work. Continue with the steps below if this is the case.
- Open the Registry Editor as admin and navigate to the Key below: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\RapidSketch.Web.User\shell\open\command
- Right-click "Default" then Click "Modify"
- Add quotations around the EXE file, leaving out the "%1" at the end. See the example below:
- Before: C:\Users\rscheelar\AppData\Local\RapidSketch\App\184.108.40.206\RapidSketch.exe %1
- After: "C:\Users\rscheelar\AppData\Local\RapidSketch\App\220.127.116.11\RapidSketch.exe" %1
- Restart the computer and launch the RapidSketch Form again. It should now read "This site is trying to open RapidSketch"
- Select open and RapidSkecth should open in your desktop application.
If the above does not work, please email our support email at email@example.com with a screenshot of the issue so we may investigate accordingly.