We have gotten a few frequently asked questions when end users of LC360 set up their login passwords.
LC360 uses the current 8 character windows password format: passwords must be at minimum of 8 characters and contain uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols (special characters).
- The special characters that LC360 recognizes as "special characters" are as follows: "!", "*", "@", "#", "$", "%", "^", "&", "+", "=".
- There is no limit to the amount of characters in your password. Best practices on secure passwords suggest a minimum of 15 characters; make the length reasonable and manageable.
Some best practices for creating passwords:
- Never use sequential numbers or letters.
- Do not use “password” as your password.
- Come up with unique passwords that do not include any personal info such as your name or date of birth.
- Use a mix of characters; mix up letters (upper-case and lower-case), numbers, and symbols.
- Avoid common substitutions. For example, (DOORBELL) D00R8377
- Don’t use memorable keyboard paths. Much like the advice above not to use sequential letters and numbers, do not use sequential keyboard paths (like qwerty).
There is a lot of good information on the web about how to create good, strong passwords as well as recommendations on how to store and manage passwords.
Be careful and stay safe!